ShowMyPC combines VNC remote access technology with an open-source SSH forwarding client to provide you with the option to allow other users to view and control your desktop. The remote user needs to have the same ShowMyPC software and can access your computer with just a password (no IP address needed). The temporary session password is automatically generated when you start the viewing session and must be provided to the remote user by email, phone or other means. If you have access to your own SSH server, you can use it instead of the one provided, but notice than then you will need 3 separate machines to test it, SSH Server, desktop sharer, and a remote viewer.
Take a look at what ShowMyPC features:
- No registration, no login, just download and start. Ideal for IT support/meetings
- One shared desktop PC can have multiple remote viewers
- ShowMyPC can access remote PCs across firewalls
- Works through 99% of the firewalls, for now no proxy support
- Based on Open plink SSH client and RealVNC
- No Passwords are kept on any central SSH server