Adobe Flash Player 11.7 drives innovation for rich, engaging digital experiences with new features for cross-platform browser-based viewing of expressive rich internet applications, content, and videos across devices. This beta release provides access to the Flash Player 11.8 runtime for Mac OS and Windows desktop environments.
What’s new in Adobe Flash Player 11.8:
- Sandboxing enhancements: This feature adds enhancements to the existing sandbox feature by better addressing application launches in protected mode
- Recursive stop on MovieClip: For Flash Player, this feature allows a game developer to effectively pause/stop a running SWF without having to iterate through all of the objects on the DisplayList.
- Datagram Socket (iOS & Android): DatagramSocket APIs are now supported for iOS and Android also.
- Server Socket (iOS & Android): ServerSocket APIs are now supported for iOS and Android also.
- LZMA SWF support (iOS & Android): LZMA compressed swfs can now be packaged for iOS and Android targets and are supported.
Some older Adobe Flash Player release notes:
Notable Fixes and Enhancements for Flash Player 11.7.700.146 Beta (Non-IE)
- 3518265 – ChromeOS – Corrects an issue where DRM Error 3307 was being thrown erroneously when playing encrypted content
- 3519465 – MacOS – Corrects an issue where DRM Error 3343 was being thrown erroneously when playing encrypted content.
- 3475664 – Win8 – Context3D.drawToBitmapData() now works as expected when used with hardware acceleration and constrained mode.
- 3496870 – [MS 1000949] Win8 Classic and Metro on ARM – Videos now render correctly on on24.com.
Flash Player 11.7.700.146 Beta (Non-IE, including Firefox, Safari, Opera)Ads by Google